"I am now going to spend the rest of my life trying to undo the law that I did." -Norma McCovey "Jane Roe"
The Bible never says don't commit abortion directly from what I know, but it does say not to kill the innocent (Exodus 20:13). And unborn children are nothing but. A lot of people claim that they aren't alive. But both science and faith diminish that role. Science shows that...
- At five weeks its heart beats
- At eight weeks it moves
- At eleven weeks it hiccups
- At eighteen weeks it moves enough to feel
- At nineteen weeks it can hear the mother's heart, and even sounds outside the mother. It can even be startled.
- At twenty-three weeks it can feel when you move
- And saddest of all, it feels pain during abortion
Also, to go along with faith, “…and Rebekah, his [Isaac’s] wife, conceived. And the children struggled together within her…” -Genesis 25:21-22. That together says that fetus are children.
In the case of rape, the bible make it clear "The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son." Ezekiel 18:20b.
The only excusable point is when the life of the mother is threatened and the death is unwanted.